Cough & Cold Q & A
Cough and cold are associated with each other. Cough is basically the body’s natural way to clean the airway and throat. It is indeed a good sign when you have certain unhealthy issues going on in the body but sometimes, a cough could get worse and catches up fever as well.
There are two types of cough.
It happens mostly due to pneumonia, cold and fever. The sudden attacks of cough are categorized into an acute cough. Acute cough lies for around a maximum of 3 weeks.
Chronic cough usually happens due to allergies, infections, bronchitis, smoking, etc. It is long lasting, the common time span is 8 weeks or maybe even longer which may devastate the patient. The sleep schedule is often interrupted along with diet changes so it irritates the patient.
FamUrgent Care has all the necessities in the clinic where you can get urgent care. It is known to be the best urgent care walk-in clinic where every patient is treated exactly according to the intensity of his injury. We have professional staff and experienced doctors who are known for family medicine as well.
Cough can get worse with time if it is not treated in time. People do not take cough seriously and it turns out to be something which should have been treated earlier. Therefore, we would like to suggest a few symptoms which will help you recognize the level of cough you are having. Following are the key points which if experienced, then one must visit the FamUrgent Care to seek medical aid.
- If the cough is extended for more than a week then there must be something serious taking place inside. There could a throat infection or some sort of allergy.
- If you are coughing up green or yellow mucus, hurry to the doctor as this is one of the danger signs.
- Wheezing and shortness of breath is the top listed symptoms when an infection starts to spread in the airway and lungs.
- Cough along with fever must be treated at the earliest, so visit FamUrgent to get urgent care and cure for your cough.
FamUrgent Care provides all the medication which is required for the treatment of cough. Other than that, there are a few effective home remedies which help in reducing the throat pain due to continuous cough. They are tested by many of FamUrgent Care’s patient and positive feedback is always received.
- Gargles is the best thing to do, it helps in relaxing the airways. Use lukewarm water with a pinch of salt mixed with it. It reduces the cough and relieves the pain too.
- Ginger tea with cardamom and honey is a brilliant remedy and opens up the airway, removes the swelling of the throat.
- Stay hydrated and drink lots of water, it changes the texture of mucus.